Volunteer Opportunities for the Week of February 13, 2017
- Fall In Love with Reading to Others! Read the newspaper, a book or your favorite magazine, to a Heartland Hospice resident. Schedule according to your availability! Contact Amanda at 715-344- 4541 or [email protected].
- Get On the Move! Embrace the mission o”simple, decent, and affordable” housing. Each day this week, help is needed wrapping/boxing items that will be moved from the current Habitat for Humanity Recycled Building Materials facility (500 South 38th Ave, Wausau) to the NEW location at 1810 Schofield Ave, Weston. Contact Jackie at 715-848- 5042 or [email protected].
- Eyes, Ears and Soul. The Wausau O.N.E. Volunteer Program appreciates the smiles and kindness of Vision and Hearing Screening Helpers! Get students to and from the screening area and assist the fun technicians, as needed at Franklin (2/14&15), Jefferson (various), GD Jones (3/22, 23, 24) & Lincoln (4/12&13). Contact Roxane at 715-261- 0584 or [email protected].
- Devoted to Healthy Meals for the Elderly? Join a group of friendly people who package and/or deliver hot meals with Meals on Wheels at the ADRC in Wausau, from 8:30 -10:30am Mon.- Fri. Especially cherished are Thur./Fri. volunteers! Contact Erin at 715-536- 0311 or [email protected].
- Read to Kids! Reading scores improve and positive relationships are built over the lunch hour on Tuesdays and/or especially Thursdays at Marathon Elementary school! Contact Pahua at 715-298- 5722 or [email protected].
In-Kind Donated Items Needed
- Lunchmeat & Packaged Lunch Items. The Catholic Charities Warming Center accepts lunchmeat and healthy packaged items for lunches as a sweet gesture. Contact Barbara at 715- 849-3311 ext. 1729 or [email protected].
- Tall Shopping Cart. Wausau Area Mobile Meals is passionate about delivering hot, nutritious meals with the help of volunteers. A wheeled cart will greatly help! Contact Nina at 715-848-5848 or [email protected].
- Heat it Up! Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northcentral WI could use a newer, small-sized microwave oven. If you have one to donate, let Beth know at 715-848- 7207 or [email protected].