COVID-19 Update: Ascension Wisconsin announces expansion of visitor restrictions, additional contact information
Ascension Wisconsin has launched a Toll-Free Information Line: Ascension Wisconsin has established a dedicated telephone resource for COVID-19 questions. This can be accessed 24/7 by calling 1-833-981-0711. The launch of this service is intended to provide useful information to those in the community who have questions about COVID-19 and symptoms and is an effort to reduce the number of incoming calls to our hospitals and clinics. We ask that this resource be utilized only with questions about COVID-19 and its symptoms. Ascension COVID-19
Online Information: Direct access to online information on COVID-19 can be found here: https://healthcare.ascension.org/Specialty-Care/Coronavirus
Ascension is Expanding Previously Announced Temporary Visitor Restrictions Ascension is further expanding temporary visitor restrictions, in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Our goal is to protect our associates and those we are privileged to serve by limiting possible exposure to COVID-19 and directing people to the right level of care. The following visitor restrictions are similar to the infection control precautions we put in place in our hospitals and care sites every year during flu season to protect our patients, visitors and associates. The updated restricted visitation policy at Ascension Wisconsin includes the following:
● All visitors, associates, clinicians and vendors entering Ascension Wisconsin facilities will be screened for flu-like symptoms including fever, cough, runny nose/nasal congestion and or sore throat.
● To implement this, Ascension Wisconsin facilities will be implementing minimized entrance points as needed.
● Visitors will not be permitted for patients under investigation or with a confirmed case of COVID-19. Virtual options will be discussed with patients and families.
● Ascension hospitals in central and northern Wisconsin will have unified visiting hours of 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
● It is highly recommended that children under age 18 do not visit during this time.
● Visitors will be limited to one visitor per patient at any given time.
● Per guidance from the CDC, we are restricting visitors who have returned from a country within the past 14 days that the CDC has designated as Level 3 Warning or Level 2 for Novel Coronavirus.
Those who do visit are encouraged to please wash their hands and use hand sanitizer before and after any visit.We appreciate the cooperation of our visitors, patients, associates and providers to support our infection control efforts and help minimize the spread of respiratory infections and COVID-19.