Volunteer Opportunities for the Week of May 1, 2017
- RSVP Community Coffee Hour at the Aging and Disability Resource Center. People of all ages are invited on May 9, from 9:30-10:30am, to The ADRC (2600 Stewart Ave. Suite 25) to learn how the programs and services can help you, and/or how you can volunteer to meet needs of homebound elderly persons in our community. Contact Tony Omernik at 715-298- 5721 or email@example.com.
- The Post Office is Making a Delivery! On Sat. May 13, from noon-6pm, The Salvation Army is looking for assistance with the postal food drive boxes that will need to be taped, weighed & sorted. Call Colleen at 715-845- 4272 or Colleen_Mashlan@usc.salvationarmy.org.
- April Showers brought Baby Items. United Way is looking for helping hands, in sorting items that were received from the Corporate Baby Showers. Items go to area agencies that serve mothers and babies. Contact Volunteer Connection at 715-298- 5723 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friendly Visitors. If you enjoy talking about sports, radio-control planes, hunting or fishing or other hobbies, you could be a great guest! Contact Kelly at Faith in Action of Marathon County at 715-848- 8783 or email@example.com.
- Honoring Choices Assistant. Training will be provided for volunteers who can answer questions as patients complete documentation and paperwork for advance care planning. Contact Shirley at 715-847- 2835 or Shirley.Iczkowski@aspirus.org.
In-Kind Donated Items Needed
- Have Copy Paper to Spare? Good News Project can always use copy paper and other mailing/office supplies, including postage stamps! Letters, flyers, and internal documents require a lot of paper! Contact Bettina at 715-843- 5985 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help Kids Get Ready To Read! Bring any gently used books for kids to United Way (705 S. 24 th Ave) for an upcoming project that will put books into the hands of kids in several public locations! Contact Jacque at 715-298- 5723 if any questions.
- Donate Your Vehicle. Qualified participants of the WATEA Wheels to Work program need cars. Donors can use the value as a tax deduction. Contact Becky Zoromski at 715-581- 9283 or email@example.com.