- The Marathon County Public Library will offer its Hobbies and Crafts Night on January 16 from 3-8 p.m. at the Hatley Branch Library, 435 Curtis Ave., Hatley. Come learn something new from others in attendance, as crafters and hobbyists of all varieties and experience levels are encouraged to attend! Drop in any time with your own supplies to work and gather ideas from others. Future dates include 2/20, 3/20, 4/17 and 5/15. Free, no registration required. Call 715-446-3537 for more info.
- Visit the Marathon County Public Library for a night of monkeying around! MCPL will host its monkey-themed Family Fun Night on January 16 from 6-7 p.m. at the Edgar Branch Library, 224 S. Third Ave., Edgar. Kids and families will hear monkey-themed stories and make monkey crafts. Free and open to the public with all supplies provided. Call 715-352-3155 for more information.
- Join the Marathon County Public Library for its new Sensory Story Time on January 14 from 9:15-9:45 a.m. at its Wausau Headquarters, 300 N. First St., Wausau. This story time will include stories, interactive songs, and soothing activities such as blowing bubbles, parachute play, stretching Thera-bands and more! Best suited for kids ages 3-6 of all abilities, but especially those with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Sensory Processing Disorder or who have trouble sitting still. Registration is required. Call 715-261-7220 for more info or to register.
- Kids in grades K-5 are invited to learn about all of the gross things the human body does during the Marathon County Public Library’s “Grossology!” program on January 12 from 4-5 p.m. at MCPL’s Wausau Headquarters, 300 N. First St., Wausau! Through demonstrations and experiments, kids will learn how germs travel, how scabs form, and make their own “snot!” Free and open to all kids and families, with all supplies provided. Call 715-261-7220 for more information.
- The Marathon County Public Library will start offering its new “Teen Time” program on January 10 from 3-6 p.m. at its Wausau Headquarters, 300 N. First St., Wausau. Teens can spend the afternoon working on art and science-related projects, playing games, making crafts, doing homework or just hanging out with their friends! This will be held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month through April 25. Free and open to all teens. Call 715-261-7230 for more info.