The Wausau Buyers’ Guide accepts info. for non-profit organizations to be printed free in our “Community Services.” Listings edited at the discretion of the Publisher. Please check with event coordinators for possible date, time or location changes. Send to: Wausau Buyers’ Guide, Attn.: Community Needs & Services, 807 E. First St., Merrill, WI 54452. Or email to [email protected]
- DivorceCare Group- Monday evenings, 6:30-8 p.m., Highland Community Church, 1005 N. 28th Ave., Wausau. For more information, call 715-297-4012.
- Wool Inspirations- Third Wednesday of each month, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Good Will Community Room, Rib Mountain. Anyone interested in the hobby/craft of hooking rugs with wool, is invited to attend, free, casual, no protocol. Come and join our craft. Info: 715-675-7732 or email [email protected]
- MS Support Group- Second Tuesday of each month, 9:30-11:30 a.m., NTC Center for Business and Industry, Room CBI 103, 1000 Campus Dr., Wausau. For more information, call 715-359-2022.
- AARP Chapter 272 meeting- Third Mondays of the month, 1:30 p.m., Wausau Downtown Airport, 725 Woods Place, Wausau. Meetings will run 10 months from March to December 2016. The Dec. 12 meeting will be a Christmas Party at Schofield City Hall. Guest are welcome. There will be no meetings in January or February 2017. Meetings last about an hour with a quick social afterwards. For more information, call Steve Chow at 715-355-4918.
- Fibromyalgia Support Group- Monday, Jan. 4, 6 p.m., Marathon County Public Library, 300 N. First St., Wausau, 2nd Floor Meeting Room. Speaker will be Brenda Budnik, director of Northcentral Health Care Aquatic Therapy Center, presenting “Feeling Better withy Aquatic Therapy.” For more information, call Donna at 715-302-3851. The Fibromyalgia Support Group provides support and education for those afflicted with fibromyalgia.
- Overeaters Anonymous- Sundays 6 p.m. Unitarian Universalist Church 504 Grant St., Wausau. Info 715-842-3697 or www.OA.org.
- Gamblers Anonymous- Open meeting Tuesdays, 7-8 p.m.; closed meetings Fridays and Sundays 7-8 p.m. in the Terrace Room at Mount View Care Center, 2400 Marshall St., Wausau. For more information call 715-297-5317.
- Alcoholics Anonymous- Mondays, 7:30 a.m. and Thursdays, 7:30 p.m. in the library at Mosinee United Methodist Church, 607 13th St., Mosinee. For more information contact the church office at 715-693-2125.
- Journeys of Hope Grief Group- 2nd & 4th Tues. of month, 1-2 p.m., Helke Funeral Home, 302 Spruce St., Wausau. 715-842-3993
- Givers Gain Team Wausau BNI (Business Networking International)- Every Wed. 7:30-9am, 2510 Restaurant, Wausau. Businesses looking to grow are encouraged & welcome to attend. 715-212-6305
- Free chair exercise classes- Every Tues. & Thurs., 9-9:45am, Mosinee United Methodist Church, 607 13th St., Mosinee. Classes focus on stretching & flexibility, open to all adults at no cost. Info: contact the church office at 715-693-2125
- Veterans Weekly Cup-of-Coffee- Every Wed. from 10-11:30 a.m., Denny’s, 1500 Hwy. XX, Rothschild. No agenda. No questions. No affiliations. Just veterans, any age or era. Just grab a cup of Joe, a steady chair and say hello. For more information, call 715-359-6145
[h6]In-Kind Donated Items Needed[/h6]
- Cat Litter. Non-scoopable cat litter helps the New Life Pet Adoption Center as they go through 200 pounds a week, while serving the animals who are waiting for homes. Contact 715-443-6699 or all Lynn at [email protected]
- Let’s Play Some Little Hoops! If you have a small, kid-sized, portable basketball hoop to give to the Stable Hands Equine Therapy Center for therapy use, contact Faith Gokey at 715-297-5502 or [email protected]
- Sleep Comes Easily. New pillows & pillowcases help residents of The Women’s Community rest better. If you can donate, contact Kimberly at 715-842-5663 or [email protected]
[h6]United Way Volunteer Opportunities[/h6]
- Pre-K Assistant. The Wausau School District invites volunteers help small groups of students with letter recognition at G.D. Jones Elementary on Tuesdays and Thursdays (morning and afternoon shifts available). Patience, kindness and willing to take direction from teacher required. Regular/semi-regular volunteers preferred. Contact Roxane at 715-261-0584 or [email protected]
- Veteran Visitors. Ministry Home Care Hospice services in Greater Wausau invites you to lend an ear, read aloud, do a puzzle, or play a game with a Veteran. Whether you have served in the military or not, your companionship can be so important in their journey. Training is provided. Contact Susan 715-343-3490 or [email protected]
- Come On Ring Those Bells. Enjoy greeting people & accepting donations while ringing bells and spreading holiday cheer for The Salvation Army. Contact Ed at 715 845 4272 ext. 107.
- Health Equipment Lending Program Helper. Good News Project is seeking those who like working with the public as they choose medical equipment to rent. The ability to lift items, do paperwork & be organized is a plus. Consider helping a few hours a week/month. Contact Bettina at 715-843-5985 or [email protected]
- Catch the Dust Bunnies! Simple housekeeping tasks such as vacuuming, dusting, mopping and bathroom cleaning are highly valued by seniors who are remaining independent in their homes. If you enjoying bringing cleanliness to others, Faith in Action would match you with a senior 60+ who can use your help, a few times a month. Contact Kelly at 715-848-8783 or [email protected]
- Volunteer Connection and RSVP (Retired & Senior Volunteer Program) are services that United Way uses to match volunteers or in-kind donated items with agencies in need. Visit www.UnitedWayMC.org or dial United Way’s 2-1-1 helpline for more information.